Apple recently announced new MacBook Pro laptops with powerful M1 Pro and M1 Max chips in 14-inch and 16-inch sizes. Many users are interested in purchasing the MacBook M1 Pro and M1 Max, but they also want to know how long they will last on their batteries.
Check out how long the MacBook M1 Pro and MacBook M1 Max’s batteries last while watching videos, surfing the web, and more below.
How Long Does MacBook M1 Pro And M1 Max Battery Life Last?
Apple’s new MacBook Pro 2021 laptops, powered by M1 Pro and M1 Max chips, deliver better performance and efficiency, as well as longer battery life. Let’s take a closer look at the battery life of the MacBook M1 Pro and M1 Max models in the sections that follow.
What is the battery life of MacBook M1 Pro?
To begin, take a look at the 14-inch MacBook Pro’s battery specifications, which are listed below:
- A 70-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery powers the MacBook M1 Pro 14-inch laptop.
- The 8-core MacBook Pro model uses a 67W USB-C power adapter, while the 10-core MacBook Pro model uses a 96W USB-C power adapter.
- All models have the ability to charge via MagSafe or Thunderbolt.
Now, let’s take a look at the MacBook M1 Pro’s battery life:
- With the Apple TV app, the MacBook M1 Pro laptop can play movies for up to 17 hours.
- It has a battery life of up to 11 hours for wireless web surfing.
- It has 3 hours less battery life for video playback than the previous 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro laptop model.
What is the Battery life of MacBook M1 Max?
The battery specifications for the MacBook M1 Max are listed below:
- A 100-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery powers the MacBook M1 Max.
- A 140W USB-C power adapter is used.
- All M1 Max laptop models support Thunderbolt or MagSafe charging.
Let’s take a look at the battery life of the MacBook M1 Max down below:
- With the Apple TV app, the MacBook M1 Max models can play movies for up to 21 hours.
- For wireless web surfing, it has a battery life of up to 11 hours.
- When compared to the old 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro models, it has 3 hours less battery life for video playback.
The Bottom Line
Well, that’s everything you need to know about the battery life of MacBook M1 Pro And M1 Max. We hope this guide helped you understand everything. If you liked this, don’t forget to check out our other explainers, best lists, and how-to guides. Furthermore, if you have any questions or suggestions, please use the comment section below to contact us.